Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You know what really grinds my gears?

Childhood sentimental crap. I'm trying to clean out my closet right now and I can't bare to part with things from my childhood. I have my American Girl dolls which I don't think I've touched even in the last 7 years, but there they are sitting in my closet and I just can't get rid of them. I don't know if I'm planning on saving them for when I have kids of my own, cause honestly, I never wanted to play with the dolls my mom had when she was a kid. They were old and smelled funny and not nearly as sexy looking as Pink Starlight Barbie. I don't want to give them to goodwill because the girls who will buy them there won't know to use a wig brush on their hair, and oh my god you need to use a wig brush! As I'm typing this right now I'm watching a vhs tape with a special on the spice girls that I recorded ages ago and I can't even part with that. I will likely never watch this tape again, but it's just too damned hard to get rid of. I'm 24, when do I want to get rid of it?

No comments: