Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Work Moment

So I agreed to work for Fathers Day despite working at the Tech Museum this summer, and they put me as a closer on Sunday night, the bastards. Marie Callenders closes at 10 pm on Sunday nights. At 9:55 4 men came in. I was pissed. And more importantly tired. They took their time ordering, ordered drinks from the bar I had to make since I was the only server on, and had to go through two credit cards before getting a third that would be accepted. However, they left me a $30 tip and were actually quite delightful and not too demanding, and didn't finish the bottle of wine I recommended for them to which Leo said I could take home. So yay for late customers who are good tippers. It was well worth the extra 30 minutes I had to stay there. Now to sleep.

1 comment:

ZeroIndulgence said...

Yay for good tips! A friend of mine got a 9% tip the other night on a large bill. She was not pleased. I couldn't imagine working as a waiter. I don't have the patience to deal with idiots. I'm glad there are a few decent people out there.