Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life lessons from a show about serial killers....

While watching the first season of Dexter on Netflix (and dear lord, how did I go a whole year without netflix? I forgot how awesome it is), and his girlfriend is a former victim of an abusive husband. The husband (played by Jacob from Lost which is all I see him as) comes back after spending a few years in prison and is trying to win her back and become a father to his kids. I just can't help but thinking if I were in the situation I'd have a really hard time not giving the guy a second chance. I'm sure I wouldn't enter into a relationship with him again, but I do love believing in the best of people, and that people can change. So it's probably a good thing that I was never in an abusive relationship and I can surround myself with people who are good to me.

No comments: