Tuesday, September 7, 2010

To quit or not to quit

Hello my readers, the both of you! I am indeed still alive and well. Haven't posted lately cause there was really nothing to post about. Still working my two jobs, though I'm pretty sure I'll be going down to one soon enough. Red Robins was a great restaurant to work for, I'm just not sure if I'm still in the waitressing point in my life. I just read a fun book called "Waiter's rant" that would put me back and forth from wanting to waitress to wanting to run as far away as I could. The book explains it so well. Waiting tables is a form of gambling, sometimes you get a great pay out for doing minimal work, sometimes you can work your ass off to only get a 2 buck tip. Also something that sucks is at a restaurant, like most jobs, competency is punished. I'm always a closer cause I can handle it. Meaning two to three nights a week I don't get to see my fiance cause I don't get home til close to midnight. I'm also stressing to juggle both jobs with the schedules changing all the time. It would be far easier with just one. But then there's the money aspect. My dress is paid off, but my honeymoons not. Maybe I should hold off on quitting til that is. Though who knows what I'm gonna want to save for after that...

No comments: